Terms & Conditions
Fees are due before the beginning of term.
If you wish to withdraw your child from class half a term’s notice in writing is required.
Children are entered for examinations at the discretion of the Principal.
Children are required to wear the regulation uniform.
Girls are required to have their hair in a ballet bun or a headband for short hair.
Parents must inform us immediately of any change of address or telephone number.
By enrolling in the school parents give their permission for their email address to be added to the mailing list of Emily Dance Academy – you can opt out at any time.
We cannot refund any classes cancelled due to adverse weather conditions.
All electronic copies of children’s and staff records are kept on a password protected Laptop.
Information about individual children is used in certain documents, such as the weekly class register and medication forms. These documents include data such as children’s names. These records are deleted after the relevant retention period.
Any personal data collected including; names and addresses of those on the trial list will be deleted if the child does not attend or added to the child’s file and stored appropriately should you enrol. By submitting a form on this website you are giving permission to be contacted via the email address you have provided.
No full names are stored with images in photo albums, displays, on the website or on Emily Dance Academy's social media sites.
GDPR means that Emily Dance Academy must; * Manage and process personal data properly * Protect the individual’s rights to privacy * Provide an individual with access to all personal information held on them
By enrolling into the school and agreeing to examinations, you give us permission to send your child’s Date of Birth and Full name to ISTD when entered for exams.
We will not put any of the students’ full names or dates of births on our websites or social media.
Our website will collect and process the necessary information when you fill in a trial or enrolment form.
We will keep your child’s full name, date of birth; a parent’s full name, address, telephone number and email address on our bookings systems – these will never be passed on to third parties without prior permission.
Our teachers have access to names and emergency contact details of the students – these will only be used in the necessary situations.
We will use your phone number and/or email address for communication between staff and parents/guardians.
Once you have left the school we will delete your details from the system no more than three years later.
GDPR – Your Rights
– You have the right to be informed, we will tell you if we are collecting new data and what we intend to use it for.
– You have the right of access, you can ask to see what data we have for you at any time
– The right to rectification, you can change your data at any time
– The right to erasure, you can have your data deleted at any time
– The right to portability, you may request your data should you move to a different school
– The right to object, we need your information on file for invoicing, exam entry etc but you may opt out of any newsletters/marketing info at any time
– We only ever use the data you have given us via email, telephone or conversation. We will always be transparent with why we are requesting such data and you can always ask if you have any queries.
– We will only request and use data that is relevant to what is necessary.
– We monitor and limit all access to data for our teaching staff, only those who need to know will see any data stored.
Permission to Photograph/Film:
We promise that:
- All photographs and film footage will be used in an appropriate context and we will never intentionally misrepresent you or your child.
- All photographs and film footage will be used to positively promote the academy's work, aims and values
- We will not reveal any personal details including the name of your child, address, mobile or email.
Our Photography/Film Conditions:
- Photographs and film footage may be used in publicity materials (including printed publications i.e newsletters, press releases, our website and flyers).
- Photographs and film footage may feature on our social media channels, including Facebook and Instagram.
- Photographs and film footage of your child may be used wholly or in part and may be altered i.e filters.
Right to withdraw consent:
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the use of any photographs or film footage at any time. Should you wish to do so please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org